Friday, January 14, 2011

Hello, I am back. Well, my first week as a member of Capitol Strategies Group, Inc. is pretty much over. Overall it has been a positive experience and I am looking forward to the challenges that will be presented to me by a legislative session that will only grow more hectic with time.

I can tell you that it is going to take a couple more weeks before my body becomes acclimated to waking up at 6:15 in the morning every day. I have only been working for CSG for almost a month, and it seems like ages ago when I didn't want to wake up at 11:30 for class at the University of Iowa. In those days I could stay up much later; I now find myself yawning and getting tired by 10:30. Along the same lines, I never thought I would become a coffee drinker, and I wouldn't quite call myself one just yet, but I have caught myself sipping on a cup of joe a few times.

I also got my first taste of creating the weekly reports that CSG sends out to its clients every Friday. The new Microsoft Word has been a little frustrating, but it is nothing that I cannot get the hang of. The general template that we follow was created by Nicole Woodroffe is great and we plan on using it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment