Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 Iowa Legislation Session Under Way

Greetings! My name is Daniel Weiser and I will be editing the Capitol Strategies Group, Inc. blog from now on. Originally, the plan was for me to work as an intern with Nicole Woodroffe and Scott Weiser as a part of CSG, but when Nicole accepted a position working upstairs for Senator Paul McKinley, there was an opening in CSG.

After graduating from the University of Iowa on Saturday, December 18th, with a Bachelor's degree in Political Science, I began working for CSG on the 20th.

The session started a couple of days ago and I am still getting my feet under me. There has been a lot of information to take in and a lot of hand-shaking to do. I know it is still very early, but from what I have seen and experienced so far, I think I will like the art of lobbying in Iowa and will prove to a successful addition to Capitol Strategies Group, Inc.

I plan to post here in two manners. I will continue to post news articles or happenings around the Capitol that are important to CSG and people we work closely with. I also will post from the first person narrative and describe some of my experiences as they come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment